Error code 31... still

So I've been doing yet more reading about this and as far as I can understand I'm getting thiserror because of a fault in the wiring to the map sensor from the ecu, most people say it's earthing where shouldn't be, I have check the wires as far as I can trace and they seem ok. Is there a way I couldn't earth the map sensor not through the ecu (make my own earth wire to the chassis)? Or is this impossible? From what I have read other people having error code 31 are having the same symptoms as me, engine cutting out on start up and rough starts and all together not starting. Someone managed to sort out their wiring and it fixed the problem so now I really want to get this fixed!! Arghh :(

Where would I be able to take it that people know what they are doing, for instance my local garage probably won't touch it!

Thanks

Brendon

did a continuity test on all the wires from the map sensor to the ECU and they are all giving resistance so the wires should be in good condition. did a test drive with the multimeter connected to pins 9 and 2 on the 16 pin plug to the ECU (sensor ground and manifold intake pressure signal) and i was getting a correlation between the voltage given and the boost pressure between 1v on low no boost and 4.2v ish volts on about 0.8bar so this to me says that the map sensor is working as it should. when i started the engine and it runs fine on idle i was getting a reading of about 1-1.5 volts but the time it started and it was running "rough" it was giving me a reading of about 3volts, not sure what this means but there is definitely something wrong with that!

Can anyone shed some light on my situation?

Brendon

I have changed the map sensor and all the pipe connecting to it, I took the reading just before the ecu, after the piggyback ecu

Obviously where it's reading 3volts at idle its thinking it's under boost so therefore adding fuel which is not needed causing it to run rough! But I can't source the issue!!

Brendon

just changed the map sensor yet again to a different one and nothing changed. also disconnected everything that wasnt necessary from the vacuum system and just left both map sensors and the FPR and that didnt change anything but increase the vacuum from -0.68 to -0.71, when it runs "rough" it had a vacuum of -0.58 which is confusing me slightly... not really sure where to go from here :/

Brendon