Price of a forged Glanza

5k would get you a decent example.

but for something that has done miles and proved to be a perfectly sound setup you would have to compete with the money that can be made from breaking.

ie you gotta be prepared to pay the cost of parts.

Forged Engine 1500

ECU 1000

Turbo kit 1000

Car 1500

mint exhaust 500

mint injectors 200

Jap wheels & top brand tyres 500

good branded Coilovers 500

Good brand LSD+Box 500

+the million other smaller things (engine mounts/bushes/injectors/sensors) 1000

Thats about 8.5/9k just off the top of my head.

(and not a mental spec either plenty of turbo kits on cars here upwards of 2k and engines upwards of 2k also)

so basically you can get a forged td04 glanza with an emanage ultimate that someone cant be bothered breaking for 4.5/5k

but if you see the big spec build - expensive turbos/kits top parts custom work and standalone management you'd need to offer 7k+ to make them consider not breaking.

some cars would be worth alot more than 9/10k in parts.

Phil

Edited by Philm

i replied to your PM there.

Just to add though,

the spec you showed me there, that ecu is worth 150/200 and the turbo kit 350/400 so not mega parts.

providing the engine is good ten yes its worth 1500.

Phil

Pretty good view that is from Phil, my turbo kit and engine is more than 5k alone so I wouldn't even consider less than 10k !

It would be broke more than likely as that's where the most Money could be made

Pretty good view that is from Phil, my turbo kit and engine is more than 5k alone so I wouldn't even consider less than 10k !

It would be broke more than likely as that's where the most Money could be made

agreed guy is such a guru legend, love him :)

bet though if you were staring at 6months to break and sell your car in parts and undo all the work you've done and answer 10billion messages from folk wanting you turbo for half the advertised price?

then you'd be right to consider any offer thats half reasonable, id say 8k in your hand zero hassle would be sorely tempting :) (obviously bearing in mind you would have to come to a point where you want rid)

Phil

Edited by Philm

I got £5,550 for my full spec forged V!

been auto as well

got a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet price

but it was a beast lol.. people do brake them which I can see why for sure but it can be pain!

adding all mine could of got to at least 10k in bits.

Edited by iamlegend

agreed guy is such a guru legend, love him :)

bet though if you were staring at 6months to break and sell your car in parts and undo all the work you've done and answer 10billion messages from folk wanting you turbo for half the advertised price?

then you'd be right to consider any offer thats half reasonable, id say 8k in your hand zero hassle would be sorely tempting :) (obviously bearing in mind you would have to come to a point where you want rid)

Phil

Honestly I wouldn't even entertain the thought of 8k for mine but id imagine plenty of people would/have

Honestly I wouldn't even entertain the thought of 8k for mine but id imagine plenty of people would/have

Haha everyones different ill grant you, i sold my last one whole simply cause i could make more money working during the time and effort involved in breaking.

and working was a sure thing, breaking is subject to buyers, demand, competition etc.

Phil

People really don't want to pay for what has been invested, mine is not what you would call top end forged build as i only run e-mange management but the rest of my build has not been scrimped on, i know i would not get what i have invested, but i have built the car to be used on the road and cover 6000 through summer :)

If you can pick up a completed car all good but you will still want to put your touch on it that will mean you spending money on it ;)

John

People really don't want to pay for what has been invested, mine is not what you would call top end forged build as i only run e-mange management but the rest of my build has not been scrimped on, i know i would not get what i have invested, but i have built the car to be used on the road and cover 6000 through summer :)

If you can pick up a completed car all good but you will still want to put your touch on it that will mean you spending money on it ;)

John

Yup if your lucky you get the price of the parts on the car, not including much value for the car.

100% right you never get someone happy to pay for the time to put all these things together into a running motor, but you also never get any money for taking it all apart either, and if you do get near a bare shell you end up almost giving it away.

another reason to sell complete for me, never get enough money extra breaking to pay your time to break/reply to PMs/Package/Post/Correspond with buyer/Sort issues

Phil

Edited by Philm