Fresh start update (09/11/14)

Right guys. I'm back.

This time I'm building one from the ground up.

I'm picking up the shell on weds off of epnick22.

It's purely just a rolling shell. But that's what I want.

I have been speaking to Keith over at zisco and he is building me a engine. Turbo kit. Inlet mani. Basically everything that's needed. I will put up a spec sheet. Once I have sent over a deposit to Keith and everything is finalised.

The car won't see the road for a while. Because I want everything to be perfect.

This is how the shell stands now. Still in nicks hands. He said he has got to tidy it back up. And get it rolling. But basically everything is there.

4ujy2e5a.jpgary7e9ut.jpgzyvyduve.jpg

Obviously once I have the car in my hands. I will try to update this page on a daily basis.

I'm not going to say just yet. What power I'm aiming for that will come a little later on.

Jake

Edited by Jhandy
  • 2 weeks later...

So not much of an update. But just to let people know. Im on the look out for basically everything in the engine bay. Apart from engine turbo kit. Inlet mani and front mount. I need everything else. Ancillaries gearbox. All engine mounts. If amyone has any let me know. And im sure i will buy it. I also want a TRD short shifter

Jake

• 1 month later...

Been a while since i said anything on here. Well not much to say really. I have seen the car once since i bought it. And just havent had the time. As i have been away racing basically every weekend. And my missus is 7 months pregnant so been doing a lot of baby stuff. But keith at zisco did send me a cheeky pic of my side mounted exhaust manifold. Which looks great. I cannot wait to get everything from him. I will put up a spec list to. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Please comment away and let me.know what you think

Jakr

• 2 months later...

Well this needs a update. What can i say havent done jack all lol.

Been busy though me and jdmginge and our other mate rob. Have recently got our own unit. We are in the process of moving both our starlets over there. But everytime we do something comes up. Typical.

Anyway. I have been in speaks with keith again and i have my final spec sheet for my engine. Posted ImagePosted Image

Yes the price is on it. But thats not the actuall price. Yes it may be expensive but he is not cutting any corners at all. Things will slow down now. Because me and the misses baby is due on thursday so that obviously a bigger priority.

Once me and ginge have moved into the unit a will get some snaps up of the cars

Jake

• 2 weeks later...

So today was the day. Me and jdmginge finally got our cars to our unit. And we had a little pkay also. We managed to get ginges running after about 8 months. Since he installed itb's got to admit sounds the nuts. Will be better once its fine tuned. Any way got cracking with my car Posted Image

Mine is the ep82. Anyway i decided i would start stripping the interior. Mainly because it wont have any and also to check all the wiring.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Im glad i did check the wiring. Because the fuel pump wiring just looks like a complete bogePosted Image

And this is some sort of fuel pump cut switch Posted Image.

I removed all the carpet and found some japanese money Posted Image

Its says 500 so i guess that means yen.

Its obviously been to kwik fit in its life because someone has clearly jacked the car up herePosted Image

So thats all i got done today but its still progress

Jake

• 5 months later...

right, havent updated here for a while, as a lot has happened tbh, im currently in the middle of trying to start my own business, and also trying to work out what to do with shell i have, as i have recently bought a fully forged toms kitted ep82, now do i use the shell or do i just put everything im getting built for me in the current car?

i will upload some pics in a bit, when im on my phone, whats peoples suggestions, im heading towards getting rid of the shell and using the one i have just bought

jake

• 2 months later...

So. A lot has happened since i last updated this. The original shell has been sold. And i now have this new one. I bought it in april. Its all fully forged. But since then. I have done a fair bit to it. Top mounted td05 hybrid turbo kit. Modded the front end. Completely poly bushed. All nrw suspension up front.. Im just waiting to gathet some funds then get it mapped. Here arr some picspost-9275-14362981354993_thumb.jpg

I have the complete toms kit which is all original. Just not on car yet as i need it painted

post-9275-14362982197213_thumb.jpeg

It also has this very rare trd speedo cluster

post-9275-14362982372737_thumb.jpg

Here is a most recent pic of the engine bayPosted Image

So what you think guys

Im still going ahead with the zisco build as original. So that will all be put in this shell