Newbie Not Yet Own a Starlet

Right I bought the car and it's sitting on my drive. I'm not going to lie, the deal was a bit dodgy to say the least. Was an Asian chap and the dealings were a bit sketchy. However we did test drive the car and he said everything that he knew that was wrong with the car. Battered it through the gears, pulls very strong and not crunches between the gears. I'm surprised how quick it Is! And I am loving it. It handles like it's on rails and it sounds Lovely!

These good bits are not without the faults.

The bad bits THAT WERE NOT MENTIONED IN THE AD!

The battery is dead, not the end if the world it will start the car it's just if you sit in the car listening to the radio for 5 mind without the engine on the battery will go flat.

Coolant is pissing out of the expansion bottle, was to we would need to refill the rad on the way home but this was not the case. Temperature stayed in the middle all the way home.

It's missing the air filter! Now when I was at japfest I noticed a few Glanza's without Filters! What's the deal, why don't people use Filters?

I think these two are related, it idles a little high and will knock heavily when selecting reverse whilst idling High! If you select reverse very carefully allowing the revs to drop then it's no problem. But I think the missing air filter is causing it to idle high which is causing the problem.

A few dings in the panels and the typical lacquer peal. Not expecting factory fresh here this car is nearly as old as Me!

Radio isn't wired up nor or the speakers, had to listen to the garage set that was left in the player :) Appreciated by the way, better than nothing.

Interior is a little worn in places but again a car of this age I wasn't expecting much else.

I think the main point here is that I now have a 1995 Toyota Starlet GT Turbo MK3!

The engine seems really strong and there are no knocks or crunches through the gears, I'm still a little concerned about the sale of the car but a 'mytextcheck' came back all clear and the chassis number matches the V5. This is strange, the guy gave me the V5. He just signed it a fcked Off! It is things like this that I found strange. And it is also things like this that worry me a little.