baffells? baffeled?

the baffles in an exhaust are there to quieten the exhaust noise, i cant see just knocking the baffles out of a exhaust system would make and performance advantage.

as long as its a reasonably free flowing exhaust system the baffling should be fine.

I had a duplex exhaust system and the one tail pipe fell off and all the baffles came out of the back box and it sounds horrific Probably wouldnt sound much better with the hole patched up :p

Although at high revs it did whistle like a turbo but that was due to the hole B)

I had a duplex exhaust system and the one tail pipe fell off and all the baffles came out of the back box and it sounds horrific Probably wouldnt sound much better with the hole patched up :p

Although at high revs it did whistle like a turbo but that was due to the hole B)

my ep82 still gives a flame when you hit high revs but i supose its good to be quieter at lower revs brings les atenttion to the police lol

thats an old chavvy myth that first time driver try to do to their 1.1 fiesta/clio/corza etc.

knocking out the baffels will give you a minute performance gain and a load of horrible noise.

noisy starlets sound shit, i should know, i own one.

yeah mine is still quiet so ill keep it that way B)

and ive seen the flames on my mates digital cam when im raginit in front :p

erm i would'nt say it sounds very good, hense getting a decent exhaust system.

sounds cool on boost, but tickover is annoying.

and it drowns on the motorway if your not boosting.

oh right cool i was thinkin about getting a full through stainless exhaust system then it will sound mean B)

it does sound a bit tractor-ish when driving in low revs. mine is decat, 2 1/4" stainless system with no midbox straight thru to the back box.

as rick says sounds great at high revs, sounds bad at low.

mine is loud to the point of ungodliness since installing the Blitz Decat...but it's a nice sound so, meh, I don't care...much. The attention grabbingness is annoying though. And luckily it doesn't sound as Tractor-ish as the Starlet Exhaust systems do, just, a subdued and refined burble at idle-low revs...just, really loud.