So made a bit of an impulse purchase yesterday but whilst amazed at the owners 20v 4age corolla dx I failed to properly check what it was I was buying.

Turns out I over looked that it was a levin bzg and not bzr they came off of and now have a pair of single pot ae111 calipers as opposed the twin pot variation.

Question is does anyone know if I can run them like the twin pots with a new disc milled down to suit? Or if they're just going to be some extremely heavy paper weights?

They were stamped like so:

a9yre7a5.jpg

Any would be much appreciated :)

Edited by Dylanfarrell

Maybe, but pretty sure they only did 2 kinds of brakes for rollas. 256 single or 272 twinpots.

Maybe I was just being a retard :lol:

Either way if you can get these to fit they run a 22mm thick disc which is a huge improvement over the 18 mm glanza discs

• 2 weeks later...

I could have told you that. My corolla has 256mm brakes stock and has 14's lol I just wasnt sure corolla calipers bolted up.

What discs are you going to use?

If only I'd have thought to ask lol

Was told 1.2 astra discs are the least headache to use so think I'll use those.

Although for the little extra headache now of swapping in longer studs while I have spare hubs on the bench, I could always just run d4d discs instead. Easier in the long run.

Edited by Dylanfarrell

Do the astra discs need machining at all?

With the The D4d discs do you need the spacer under the disc between the hub face? Hence the reason for the extended studs im guessing.

Once you have that you are good to go.

Astra discs need machining off the inner diameter of the bell and the inner face of the bell if that makes sense. I keep reading that d4d discs are a bolt on jobbie, must need spacers if they need extended studs too, need to do some reading