Hey guys and girls, so I went and bought my first Starlet on Saturday, it's a 98 1.3 GLS with the 4EFE engine.

I only paid £600 for the car and everything worked apart from the Air Con, I had it recharged at Kwik Fit today and it seemed to do the trick, until I got home and discovered it was all leaking out already. Quick look and the bonnet and a trip to Kwik Fit again and we discovered the pipes were fucked.

Has anyone else had this issue with their Starlet? Even if it's not the same model? If so, how much did it cost to fix, is it even worth bothering with on a car that cheap?

Thanks for any help in advance!

(PS, I'm also looking for a spare drivers side door and rear bumper, in silver, so if you or anyone you know has one for sale, please contact me!)

Well quick fit shouldn't have even filled your car with refrigerant without a strength/pressure test.

The fine for doing such a thing can be up in the tens of thousands.

When you get the pipes make sure you get them to strength test the system with oxygen free nitrogen. Then it will need a new receiver drier as this will be saturated with moisture. It's a hell of a lot of messing around and expensive if you want it doing right.