Getting bodged road dig 'fills' repaired - anyone managed it?

If anyone has any experience of dealing with those in power to get roads repaired, any advice welcome...

Basically a familiar story, in a local town I have to drive through a road was dug up right across for a utility pipe or to connect up a specific building to the mains ... something like that. Anyway, the contract people that did it have left the road in a bloody awful state. The trench they dug has only been partially filled and re-tarmaced, leaving an enormous concave 'ditch' behind.

I'd say for cyclists and motor bikers it's possible even dangerous, and I don't think it coincidence that one of my rear top-mounts gave up the ghost only weeks after this abysmal failure of road repair was done and I'd been over it a few times.

Now my rear top mounts were the originals so they were tired, and my low profile hard compund tyres do not help, but really even at low speed you feel like the suspension is going to break going over the trench they've left behind.

So I want to bitch at someone in authority about it, but I don't know whether to try the local councillor for the area or go to the highways authority? Would the council make the contractor come back and fix it?

I am so sick of the state of the roads in my local neck of the woods South Kesteven, Lincs. I swear I have not seen a single road repair so far this summer. God help us if we have a bad winter and they have not done any by then!

The local roads are not quite like the 3rd world just yet, but must be about equal to the 2nd world i'd say :sad:

Where abouts are you daz? The roads round south kesteven are awful. A friend of mine was almost killed near crowland due to poor roads that were marked for repair for months. Funnily enough within two weeks of my mate nearly dieing the road was repaired

I work in Peterborough mate, but travel up the A15 through Mkt Deeping rather than go on the bypass. I think that road from the church up to the roundabout is the most f*cked up road I have ever used except for a b road that got pretty destroyed in the floods a few years back. It's shocking, I'm surprised it's even allowed to be that bad.

This weekend when I get 10 mins spare a letter of complaint is going to be written!