Army recruitment

Currently in the process of joining the RAF as a commissioned officer (once I finish getting rid of a tattoo). Out of the three services RAF definitely treat you better. Don't over look the less popular trades as they can sometimes be better and have just as good if not better promotion opportunities. It's not all about the glory roles.

I work at the defence school of transport in the quarter masters department so I get to speak with recruits of all trades, corps and services etc etc and work closely with serving military personnel. Reme and re definitely have better promotional and civvy street prospects.

You work in Leconsfield? I swear my driving instructor up there was a paedo! Moustache and long fingernails, does the HGVs if you see him knocking around.(I'm gonna have to bloody salute you once you've passed lol)

Army wise I'd definitely recommend RE. I'm engineers now, mighta bumped into a few of you bods in here if you've been in a while!

My main recommendation is to take whatever the recruiter says with a pinch of salt. They will push you towards undermanned trades. Pick what you wanna do, something with a trade and real world applications.

If your fit do the divers course, my Q atm is a diver and he rakes it in.

But if your going full time Army, try and pick a trade that will get used regularly. I know some brickies who haven't touched there trade in over 8 years lol

Other aspects of the forces, RAF get it cushy. Going on exercise in a hotel? Wtf... Jelous is an understatement when I'm under my fucking poncho.

Edited by Addymk2