oil filter relocation kit

tryna do some research before getting 1 for my glanza.

aftet fitting my td04 had to ditch my oil filter sandwhich plate which ran my oil temp and pressure sensors.

so opting to get a relocation kit.

done a quick search on here and aint found anything. so done a search on google and get mixed opinions on them..

people say to stay away from them as there is to much pressure drop. others say it dont effect it

aslong as joints are all sealed correctly and its flowing the right way.

anyone experienced any problems with them???

also best place to relocate it to???

any help will be much appriciated

cheers

lewis

best to keep it mounted as low as possible so gravity does not effect the flow of oil too much.

If its mounted to high up then gravity works against flow,

I have one fitted to mine, I can't give you figures before, but oil pressure seems fine with it fitted.

10325376_10152503466579714_8446159586235

10417690_10152503467054714_4705280313899

(Ignore the battered filter, was put on to make sure nothing nasty found it's way into oil system)

I've mounted mine up inside the drivers inner arch.

Had to go to a larger oil filter, because the standard starlet one was too small for the relocator. One thing I would advise is that you fit some sort of thermostat to it, mine struggles for oil temp, even on track. I had to cover half of my 16 row oil cooler to get any real temp into the oil, this was a warm summers afternoon as well.

cheers for the advise and pictures mate.

im not running a cooler so ill see what temps are like first before getting a stat..

misses has just brought me the relocater kit so when it turns up ill check filter fits before i plum it in.

just need to but some lines.

cheers again mate

I would go to a hydraulic place and ask them to make you some up, saves faffing about with fittings like I did, it was a nightmare.

If you aren't running a cooler then don't worry about oil temps, unless you intend to use it on track regularly it probably isn't needed.