Im running on wiseco flat top pistons 9:1 pistons on my forged glanza and they seem to be doing a pretty good job.

im running td04 on low boost and it feels firm and there is only slight lag not as much as on dished pistons.

Its a good way to reduce lag if forging and you dont want it to be lacking off boost

Dished pistons are of a far better design in a turbo motor. They may be advertised as 9:1 compression but theres more than just the pistons that make up the compression ratio of the engine. You need to find out what headgasket size and combustion chamber volume they used to get their 9:1 estimation.

Dished pistons are of a far better design in a turbo motor. They may be advertised as 9:1 compression but theres more than just the pistons that make up the compression ratio of the engine. You need to find out what headgasket size and combustion chamber volume they used to get their 9:1 estimation.

How do I go about finding this out am lost to this

You'll have to email them. The stock combustion chamber volume is 38cc (providing your cylinder head hasn't had a skim previously), plus whatever the stock dish is on the pistons. Then you will need to work out the volume provided by the headgasket thickness.

Thats where i brought my parts from. Great-buy-guy..

i think the 9:1 comp ration is based on stock engine setup. Stock headgasket thickness without any machine work.

If you decide to buy make sure they dont try and rip you off on import charges.

Thats where i brought my parts from. Great-buy-guy..

i think the 9:1 comp ration is based on stock engine setup. Stock headgasket thickness without any machine work.

If you decide to buy make sure they dont try and rip you off on import charges.

Will do thanks for the info, did u have a bad experience with him

You'll have to email them. The stock combustion chamber volume is 38cc (providing your cylinder head hasn't had a skim previously), plus whatever the stock dish is on the pistons. Then you will need to work out the volume provided by the headgasket thickness.

Ok thanks for the knowledge Edited by bajansuperman