Track Day Glanza

So I'm looking to buy a late used Glanza to mod to a road legal track car.

I currently have a supercharged S2000 which I have tracked but don't fancy trashing it :ph34r:

So I'm looking for a good base car to mod for track day use.

The idea is keep it simple and effective.

No bling.

I need to be able to drive it to and from the track with all I need for the day packed in the car!

So once I have a suitable motor I'm thinking I need to the following:

Light coilovers with compression and rebound adjustment

Front anti-lift kit

Rear anti-roll bar

Second set of light wheels with track day tyres

braided brake hose and Motul RBF600 fluid

Pads & discs (any recommendations?)

Engine mods (what to do with out needing clutch or internal changes?)

Mega weight saving diet (tell me what I can lose!)

I'll try and use this as a bit of a blog/diary of how it goes!

As well as update this post with what gets added to the "plan"

Looking forward to learning from you guys and applying all your useful advice!

In regards to that Glanza its awsome but that price is way to cheap for the year etc that should be close on £6k but its worth a view as that would be one of my dream Glanza's!!

To really get the most out of the handling you would also need to get a anti-lift kit for the front and a rear anti-roll bar as they arent on the car standard :ph34r:

Check Toby's ToyTuning store on this site for EVERYTHING you could ever need :p

As for brakes there are lots of things you can do it just depends how far your budget can stretch

The main thing in the weight loss plan is obviously rear seats, interior trim, and sound deadening. but then you could also get lightweight wheels and CF body panels etc

More technical info wuill be along when other guys post

Hope that helps bud ;)

That car is local to me... came out of the same import garage as mine.

I may be wrong, but this might be it when it was in the garage? They also had another white one at the time without the "ducktail" spoiler and a Varis top spoiler so it might be that one too!

dsc004339pl.jpg

dsc004341wz.jpg

StevieB on this forum might be able to tell you more about the local Glanza's tho since I moved away from home recently, maybe tell you if he see's it being thrashed or anything.

The advert seems to be pretty poor tho, and for the age of the car it does seem quite cheap, maybe he doesn't know it's value tho? Might just be a bargain. I can tell you tho that about a year ago when they had the '99 plate Glanza's in I asked how much they wanted for them because I had just bought mine a few months previous and they wanted £6500-£7000.

Cheers guys

It does seem very cheap - hence worth a look

Bearing in mind I'm going to gut most of it :ph34r:

Missing an intake filter - that's a bit of a worry

I looks like it has had a mod to the air lines. 1st/2nd gear full boost mod?

Seems like it has some decent mods with out going mad

Anyone close that could take a look for me ;)

I'm 15min away from Ayr... Stay in Glasgow though (45min away), just home for Christmas.

Hopefully Stevie will see this thread soon and let you know if he knows any more about the car. Have you had any more contact with the guy to answer any questions, or any more pics?

ok....

well that one you posted Lobo was bought by Pete who lives in Pwick mate, i have pics of the varis one when it was still over in Ireland

but the one advertised Ad, to me, looks like the glanza that was brought in (again) via Ireland by gm imports, it had 17" white multispoke wheels at the time, looked silly??

S.

Ah right enough! It is that one! With the big 17" white multispokes, thought I recognised the plate.

That'll be why it's so cheap then because he's been trying to sell it since last may when I sold my Glanza? (unless it's changed hands between then)

Cheers for the input Stevie.

seams like you have been doing your research on what you want to do and alittle bit more about what is goin on and what you need.

is cash a constraint with you? depending on this answer means you can take different routes with what you want to do.

1. Pads & discs (any recommendations?)
    obviusly a higher friction compound pad is what your after from the likes of endless or ebcs redstuff pad will be a good match for any disc oe or after market really, but with the size of disc ive found as have others that they are prone to cracking and warping through heavy use,
    if i were you i would maybe think about a cheap brake upgrade using parts from another toyota like a celica or corolla.
    they can be obtained relatively cheaply
    the obligitory bmcs (brake master cylinder stopper) does some for pedal feal also. if you want i can pm you an extensive brake guide destined for the front page?

2. Engine mods (what to do with out needing clutch or internal changes?)
    im asuming the car you your buying will aready have exhuast and breathing mods.
    the clutch starts to reach the limits of its capabilities at around 180ft-lb easily atainable just by turning up the boost but its not straight forward
    you need to bypass fual cut, after this you need to be able to adjust the fualing
    interesting there are a few routes you can take here, if it were me id run it on some aftermarket management with a 24bit map, turn up the boost with a decent booost controller + actuater and invest in a decent af gauge to tune it. this way your getting the most out of your turbo
    but you can do it the cheaper crude way with a rrfpr(rising rate fual pressure regulator) and uprated fual pump,
    the standard intercooler is cack so it would be wise to invest in a intercooler or water to air cooler if your budget can stretch.
  3. Mega weight saving diet (tell me what I can lose!)
    speak to nightspirit on here, check his posts or check out his blog at www.night-spirit.co.uk
    he will be able to tell you how much weight you can loose without spending shitloads of cash, i remember him saying he might offer a service to srtip it for you.
    if you have no budget there are alot of choice parts that can be bought to lighten the eps bonnets, wings, doors, bumpers and tailgate can all be bought in light weight items
    check cruise-power.co.jp for most of the parts but they are mega expensive to be honest

Howdy mate!!!

Hope you find a good Glanza. Just keeping checking ebay and autotrader and you will stumble accross the one you want eventually.

AND....why haven't you put a picture of your S2000 up. One of my favourite cars!!!!!! :ph34r: ;)

Bourkey

EDIT: Just seen a picture of it in another post.ohh my god!! that is so nice and that engine looks pretty dam impressive!!!!