Swapping Cars

Basically have been offered a swap for my glanza and considering doing the trade a Japfest 2. Has anyone swapped a car directly before? Anything to be careful of such as writing out receipts to prove who know owns the car etc. Or something that should be avoided all together.

many people have done it before without problems, id get a written document saying that both parties are happy with conditions of cars, they are sold as seen ect ect and you both sign and date them ( both have a copy ) and then do the v5 new owner stuff and you should be ok :)

just make sure your happy with the swap........... on that note what you been offered ?

james

Just make sure the v5 is there and your happy doin the deal. It's always in good interest to do a recipe just write on it the date, time and get the guy to sign it and also get his phone number and try it well your there. Other than that a couple a witnesses is handy on both sides. I have done a straight swap before its not all that

bad. If the cars a good one and u have a good run home in it ul forget all about the swap ha. Just as long as u do all the paperwork ul be fine. :)

Edited by daveEP

Is it a high power pulsar? Drivetrain issues are common as well. It maybe worth finding a person with a pulsar at jf2 or even an owners club where a member might take a look at it for you ???

that is top quality advice right there........ owners club will give you all the pointers needed :)

Its not massively high powered, its within what most owners see as the daily reliable limit.Read about the drivetrain issues which seem more prominent above 350bhp. Havent asked the guy but may be hes on the pulsar stand!

Rust is a big issue with these cars, and they're difficult to work on due to the lack of space in the engine bay. They're brilliant and I'd love another as a road car to use at weekends and what not.. Perfectly fast enough in standard guise, and superb in all weathers.

I had mine for about 2 years before someone stole it and blew the engine up writing it off.. The only thing that went wrong that wasn't my own fault was the alternator, I also had a couple of drive shaft seals fail.

My plan is to not do that much work to the engine. Just tidy it all up bodywork etc, put it on some nice wheels and enjoy the grip! Just bought a house so kidding myself that my expensive modding days are over for the time being