manual steering conversion help in ep82

rite, i got the rack fitted tonight but come up against a problem. the gt column is obviously shorter than the manual version.....wish i had known this before the car that i got the rack from got scrapped.

i will be putting a wanted thread up, but can anyone help me get over this problem. i dont want to re fit the p/s rack and loop the pipes as it will be heavy as f*ck.

cheers

yeah, i also found that out. i think i might have a solution, but also waiting on a reply to see if some1 has 1. it is doable without the column, but, you need another gt column or p/s column, knock about some uj's and use the spindle from the 2nd column attached to a small splined uj....blob of weld and its sorted, but hoping i get an oem manual column.

i am using the splined end of another column, swapped onto a small ended coupling, then make another end that needs to be a female joint to go onto the end of the column. il post a pic when i sort it all out, my first trial and error meant the splined bit was cut short, so now waiting on another column to come to canibalise again, lol