Pretty simple. Undo all the vacuum pipes and the oil return pipe that go into the inlet. Undo the airbox (not completely necessary but you gain a bit more space).undo the five bolts of the inlet attached to the engine block. Undo the bracket from engine to the inlet (it wont fit to the new inlet). undo the fuel rail and the injectors. Also undo on the backside a bolt (back and down you should put the car in a jack to remove it and finally remove a ground (on the back again) and a cable that is attached with a bolt. Remember to put the ground again otherwise it wont start though the starter will operate in fact the ground wont match since you remove a 10mm nut the corolla has a 12mm but it works if tighten. You might need a longer 4mm pipe for the vacuum sensor (not sure for uk spec since you have rhd cars). also i think the lower rear bolt isnt used also. you do the others in reverse order and its ready. a bit of attention with the vacuum pipes especially some like the one on the fuel rail cause can be easy forgotten and the car will work.

• 1 month later...

I fitted mine on the weekend! its real easy if you know what your doing. just take your time with the bolts.

Also, you DONT need to take out the fuel rail..thats the bit that scared me. if you can reach the bolts on the mani then its easy to get it out of there......thats if you dont have a strut brace <_<

The only drawbacks i had were a really skinny pipe one the back that goes to a sensor and a lil relay box looking thing that wouldnt reach. i just moved the box closer to the inlet on the mani by another bolt on the chasis.

The other problem was that the slot that the throttle cable sits in is real skinny on original mani but is MUCH thicker on the new one so had to play with the bolts on there to make it fit and at the same time i took the play out of the gas pedal...more responsive now :lol:

heres a couple pics

DSC00610.jpg

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

Difference: Beautiful sound, picks up slightly quicker and revs higher with ease!!

Mike