ignition barrel changing.

went to the car this morning and pushed it out of the shed and the steering was fine, put the key in and the steering lock came on, so, i have now replaced the whole ignition switch, but now wondering how to get the barrel swapped over so i dont have 2 sets of keys to get in and start it. i see the pin to remove the barrel, but does this need to be tapped in? i tryed pressing it, but didnt move, but didnt try any further incase i f*cked it up. any help please?

Hmm I dont actually know what removes the barrel out of the sleve itself.

I know theres a sheer-bolt to the whole unit, if its not accessible in car you may have to strip it right down and drill out sheer bolts then remove it to get to the whole thing better.

Took the barrel out of mine last week. Just need to put the key in and turn it, think it was to 1st position then the pin pushes in very easily

nice 1, il go try that later. i had to change the whole unit (lucky i had 1 spare) but wanting the barrel changed over now. il try it with the broken 1 first and let you know how i get on

burt, your the boy, lol. put the key in, turn to acc (first click) then the pin will push down, pul the barrel out by the key and hey presto!! if its still on the car, take the steering cowling off, follow the same procedure, but i used an allen key to push the pin as its tight to reach.