Breather help please

Hi all,

I've had my car for all of a week it's had hybrid ct9 and air filter relocation fitted also a catch can. My problem is the pipe coming from the rocker breather on the left goes to the catch can which vents to air was kinked. The pcv valve breather is standard setup. I straightened this pipe out and it caused my car to start smoking. My mechanic said this mayst of caused a vacuum which slowed the pcv to draw oil into the inlet. We made a restrictor so it can still breath but not as much and it stopped the smoking. Is my pcv buggered or do I need to vent this into the can also???

Any help apprieciated

Cheers

Nathan

It might be me but that sounds confusing. If you blocked off that pipe on the left it would cause the engine to badly. But with it open and no kinks with full flow it shouldn't smoke. Test the pcv by removing the pipe on the inlet if you can blow into the engine it's fucked

It was smoking on idle on and off and as you pulled up to a stop at a junction etc if that helps. I initially thought turbo but we checked it and it's sound. Was concerned it might be my rings gone and once I allowed it to breath properly the oil vapor was being pushed out but there was nothing in the catch can from the breather on the left.