1997 - Glanza V - Idle Problem

Hi guys, Im sure you will all be sick of hearing about high idle problems but running out of ideas and could use some help.

Car is idling at around 1800rpm whether its starting from cold or has had time to heat up. First thoughts were vacuum leak so i heres what i have done so far: Fitted another inlet manifold i had polished previously, fitted new manifold and throttle body gasket, checked all vacuum lines and replaced a few that i wasn't 100% happy with. Got a pals car down and tried on his MAP, ICV and throttle position sensor. Still no change. Tried adjusting the idle control screw which brought the revs down slightly but theres obviously still an underlying problem.

I am pretty confident its not a vac leak so thought the car may be on a cold start setting permanently? Coolant level is fine and cooling system is bled. Fitted a new temperature sensor. My temperature gauge isn't working, i earthed the wire to the sensor and the gauge went off the scale so would i be right in saying the temp sender to the gauge is goosed? Would this affect the idle?

Any feedback would be appreciated, need to get this sorted before i chuck on a timing belt kit etc.

Cheers, Jez