Help With Interior Light and Passenger Window Motor

I try and not posting Help threads but this one has me a little stumped.

Interior light doesn't work. Can't get any readings on my multimeter. Got a whole stash of bulbs but none of them work.

When I bought the car, one of the problems was passenger window. Assuming the motor I bought an MR2 one. Now the MR2 one will allow current in one end and out the other (which let's assume is good). The EP82 does not. Swapped them over, but nothing. I'm not getting any noise or struggling or anything.

Checked fuse box drivers side. All fuses seem to be intact, although the far left fuse is missing. The fuses under the bonnet are all intact.

I am going to take the drivers door card off and test the new MR2 motor on the drivers side to see if that works so I can rule out the motor, will post back here once that's done. But if anyone knows anything then I'd love to hear it. Maybe the problem is connected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

Cheers. You can see that's it is corroded. I did think that myself. I'll give that a go now. I would be surprised if it was something more complex.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I haven't driven the car since buying it 3 weeks ago and I am so itching to enjoy it. But whilst I wait for money to come rolling in I want to fix these little niggles. :D

Well I've dismantled it all, replaced the bulbs with a piece of copper. Current flows correctly when the right switch is applied, so all ten bulbs are faulty???

Sorry to sound thick, but led bulbs. A diode only lets current flow one way, so why do I get no current flowing in either direction. I wanted to put on some cool white interior bulbs to replace the blown ones but none of them have worked. After testing the unit I can't find a fault. I've measured 1.5 volts at the lead that supplies the power (engine off), and the back of the switch says 12 volts. So I'm assuming 1.5 is correct since the bulb isn't going to need 12V.

Anyway I will of course research this anyway and post my results, unless someone wants to just point me in the right direction. I know it's thick, I know I'm right somewhere, I just want to know whether or not I need to complain to the seller. Surely not all 10 smd LED cool white bulbs are faulty.

It sound like you still have some resistance in the light causing it not to work when bolted up. You need to clean both sides and the earth connector. The smd's will need a good current flow as they have resistors in them as well. Even if every thing test ok with no load. As soon as you load the circuit up the resistance in the connectors is too high and won't light the bulb.

Switches are a common fault for the windows. I would look at them first

Okay so still scratching my head at this one. I know the motor works, I've tested it. The motor came out of a mr2 and was supposed to be the passenger side, not that I can see it make any difference. And it works on the drivers side. I've been told that the sides are not interchangeable but that doesn't make sense, electricity doesn't care what side a motor is on. Unless the dc current is blocked on the motor in which case surely I can just reverse the polity of the motor and that should work. But unless anyone knows otherwise....

So the motor I know works, but it doesn't move using either switch. I'm assuming the car runs on a can bus and therefore it should operate if the left switch is working or not due to the nature of how can works. Is there a relay on the car anywhere that I. Hound be testing....

• 1 month later...