1999 Toyota Starlet SR - Ideal project!

Year:1999
Model:Starlet SR
Tax:Nope.
MOT:A little over 6 Months
Mileage:147700(Rising until 1/10/14)

Description: Ideal base for a track project or boost project! I dont have the time or space to fix this car and make good of it right now! I work 8 days a week! I have adored this little beaut for a little over 4 years and have loved every minute of it. Never has it failed me. For those who know what the SR is you will know there are just over 300 of these left on the road. I have taken mine to a few local shows even classic car shows and it even gets the older generation of folk ogling over it!

I have serviced and maintained mine as much as possible, regular oil and filter changes. It has fitted a HKS panel filter, GT front strut brace (dont know if theres a difference between glanza and gt strut brace) a set of Tein Lowering Springs and 4 pretty good Rainsport 2's on all four corners. Square plate on the front and a rubber front splitter. Its got a half decent kenwood stereo some dash speakers fitted properly and no hideous holes cut and finessing the awesome sound system are a set of Alpine Type S 6x9's in the rear shelf - If you like your music a little louder the previous owner had a sub and amp wired in the boot. the chassis underneath is in great shape - minial surface rust - nothing serious. And a brand new standard backbox.

With the short list of good points about the car, comes a short list of whats not right - The drivers door has been "skinned" by one of the previous owners and has rusted through the bottom of the door. Over its life it would appear to have had most panels painted although not 100% great job been done as you can see masking edges around the rear quarter windows (Gotta know what your looking for to really see it) The NSR wheel bearing is a bit noisy - but no play. I recently replaced the OSF shock absorber but couldnt get the old bump stop off the shock - so im finding i bottom out that shock if you go balls out into a speed bump. A few years ago some clutz in a transit minibus reversed into her - the rear door step went straight through the number plate and damaged the radiator a little it now has a crease in it - however this has been like this for about 2 years and has never over heated so i didnt bother changing it. However this did result in getting the front end painted! Finally i painted the wheels on the cheap a few years ago and they are flaking a little inside the spokes. Oh yeah and the valve stem seals have gone on the engine.... :/

Sad to see the problems list longer than the good bits. But im being 250% honest with this car. I Have got a spare engine and gearbox that is on about 44k - although i have no proof of this - youll just have to take my word for it. Also have whats left of the paint from doing the front end - about half a litre. I will also chuck in whatever spares i have laying around for it.

If you come to look at the car dont waste my time pointing out other dents and scratches on the bodywork - it wont help knock the price down - there is movement on the price but you kissing your teeth and kicking tyres wont move it. Your buying a 15 year old Toyota for less than a grand.

Price: £700 with a little room for movement - No PX Have another car already!

Pictures:

IMG-20121001-WA0007.jpg

DSCF2340.jpg

20140918_174226.jpg

20140918_174405.jpg

20140918_174346.jpg
20140918_174417.jpg

20140918_174447.jpg

Contact Details: PM On here if you want my number to talk about it.

Thought so... Yeaa I'm still knockin about haha.. Well I can also vouch for logueys SR.. Looked mint when i seen it.. Worth a shout.. Kinda thinkin about it myself.. As for the engine, its come from my old SR which was a right off.. Engine was sweet tho, was not affected in any way... 44k genuine, was serviced regular, never thrashed. Lovely engine. Good luck with the sale!!

All I've done with that engine is split it from the gearbox so i could put it up on a stand and clean it. I was waiting for the current engine to finish itself off before putting yours in but it just kept soldiering on!

• 2 weeks later...