Safe limit help please

Right guys I've got a mk2 gt turbo following mods are fmic, air filter relocation, hks fcd, hks actuator,blitz nur spec exhaust, ct9a turbo, stainless mani, decat, think that's about it. It was for sale on here few months ago. Bought it had it for around 2-3 days then headgasket went. Paid around £500 for it to be done then 30miles later bottom end went :/ now I've just payed £700 labour for a rebuild + forked out around £300-400 on new pistons, crank, rods, full bearing & gasket set, etc etc. I know the car has a hks fcd & I've spoken to a few people who have all said remove it. I want to take it off so that nothing else goes wrong as in the near future I'm hoping to get it running a greedy emanage blue from tuning developments with a good safe map on it, for the time being what's the best was to set the actuator & how can I remove the fcd??

Can I simply cut the wires to the fcd & job done?

All help appreciated

Edited by Glanzacoley

If you seen the fcd tapped into the harness remove the fcd completely and re join the wires it was tapped into should be colour coded so should go smoothly.

There's some good deals for the e manage blue including install and would give you a good safe map for what your looking for.have you got a rrfpr or a wideband gauge installed.

U can switch the fcd of by turning it to number 12 someone else will be able to confirm

Ok so I can just turn it to 12 & then adjust my actuator to lowest setting for moment that will be safe then mate?

Yeah I'm going to get an emanage next couple of months now :)

What's a rrfpr & I don't understand what them widebands are new to turbo cars mate sorry for hassle lol

Basically wack the stock actuator back on and take it to TD it's the best thing to do just remember to take some spare cash for a fpr and take the actuator lol after mapping you don't have to have a fpr just most people get them when mapping just it's an easy way to see what fp your running, if your stuck ring TD he will explain it all.

Edited by Gainzy