Fuel Filter Problems

hey there

i order and recieved a fuel filter from my toyota garage last friday and tried to fit it, when i got the old filter off the new filter wouldn't thread on properly, by this i mean that the bottom nut on the filter would only thread in about 3mm and it shuld thread in like 10+ mm, im curious has anyone had this problem when changing their feul filters and what did ye do besides refitting the old filter

thanx for any help.

also here is the part no. for the filter i got can anyone check if this is right?

fuel filter no.23300-19495

This is the best info on removing the fuel filter and re-fitting it by Jaystar.

Fuel Filter Tutorial

Hope this helps.

Joz

yep this is pretty much what i did, its just that the bottom nut wont thread in properly... also in comparsion to jay's filter my new filter has a different part number....do u think that i could have been given a wrong filter

my filter part no.2300-19495

jays part no.23300-19395

It seems you have the wrong part number Nic.

You say the bottom nut doesnt seem to thread in properly which means its the wrong thread type/length/size, the slight variation in part number could be that difference if everything else to do with the fuel filter assembly (bracket, threads and fixings) are sound.

Best wait til Jay or someone who had a similar problem give more useful advice.

Joz

It seems you have the wrong part number Nic.

You say the bottom nut doesnt seem to thread in properly which means its the wrong thread type/length/size, the slight variation in part number could be that difference if everything else to do with the fuel filter assembly (bracket, threads and fixings) are sound.

Best wait til Jay or someone who had a similar problem give more useful advice.

Joz

oh i though that was the problem too so i rang the main toyota dealer here in cork and they confirmed that the part number i gave them was the correct one for my car

so im at a bit of a loss as what to do now