Ahh I get it now mate so as a standard shaft it could be between 3 sizes can you explain this to me

Say my shaft is 1 43.00-43.07 am I right in assuming if I buy .25 oversized bearings the machinist will grind the shaft to 42.75 within the .07 tolerance ?

nope more like 43.007 its in the last thousands where the diferent sizes are in

but why do you want a regrind if she is running ?????

and nope you need the measurements of each lobe then inner caps then a bit of calculating to see if your still whitin size of the bearings if there not then the crank will nead a regrind and polish and have to measure again an.d. order a bigger size bearing

so what i am saying is after calculations if its within the spec then its not regrinded if its out of spec its bean grinded before and crank will be ready for the bin if anything happens

Wow I didn't realise the tolerances were so tight,

The engine isn't running its knocking 500 miles after the previous owner rebuilt it, I haven't had time to check the actual shaft yet but I presume he's fucked up somewhere, so tomorrow I'll whip it out and take it into the machine shop at work and get it measured, what sizes am I looking for as in tolerance wise? Just want to know so I can either scrap it or get it ground