• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats awful...... id be demanding a large discount !

hows she looking now ? any up to date pics ?

James

I've heard they're not ones for giving discounts plus they gave it back with literally no fuel which was annoying giving the amount of money I paid them!

IMG_20150720_230506_zpsuazifrtb.jpg

20150802_190721_zpsjublpxil.jpg

Here we go :) got to get the awful wolfrace wheels off asap! Next on the list is wheels

Should go well at 300! :)

Why was it at TD for 9months?

Got to leave it settle in on a low boost setting for a couple weeks then I can turn it all the way up its absolutely mental as it is can't wait to see what it's like with the boost all the way up! Mm well they were supposedly waiting on shell bearings for 3 months but still way over the time they told me it would take, they've done a decent job don't get me wrong but for the amount of money I expect them to stick to their time frame!

• 1 month later...

Small update, been having a few issues with my Glanza, the oil light keeps flashing every so often which I believe means there is something wrong with the oil pressure.

The car is running absolutely fine but I have noticed the oil seems to be going down quicker than usual recently, it was full before going to japfest 2 and I checked it in the morning just before my 15 minute journey to JF2 from where I was staying and it was still full - then the day after JF2 after a 3/4 hour drive home I noticed the oil light flash so checked the oil and it was almost on the minimum line on the dipstick, filled it back up but ever since its been flashing randomly and it also smells of oil when boosting (have checked for leaks and found nothing).

I'm getting an oil pressure gauge in the next week so I can keep an eye on the pressure, fingers crossed everything is ok but it's not looking good 8o

Will keep this updated with what happens..

not burning it through the turbo are you mate ?

I have no idea, The oil light seems to flash more frequently after boosting hard and then just carries on flashing every now and then more frequently afterwards.. I've been checking it daily since and it hasn't gone down too much, I just hope its a minor problem really dont want to wait another few months to get it fixed :sad:

Wat turbo are you on?

Tuning Developments TD04 Hybrid

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice car dude, Don't think i'd even risk driving it burning that much oil and oil light flickering !, what did tuning developments say about it ?

Cheers mate, nah its an absolute nightmare, they told me to fit a oil pressure gauge and see what the readings are on it. Apart from that it will have to go back *sigh*

Which brings me onto my next update.

I cannot actually drive the car now, as the manifold has completely cracked literally into 2 pieces so I'm currently awaiting the replacement. Pretty hard kick in the teeth considering the money spent on this, not happy at all.

So updates are going to be few and far between for now as the car is currently back off the road for God knows how long..

Sam

Edited by Glanza_man_sam

Surly tuning developments are going to give you some sort of warrenty on this? It's been away for 9 months and it's still not right I'd be fuming

They are sending a new manifold but stated the warranty will only cover the replacement part and they will not cover any cost for me getting the replacement fitted or getting the car trailered to them. I have only done about 2k miles in the car since having it back and its already cracked the manifold!

It's going to take another few days to get the replacement sent out and I really can't afford to not have this car on the road it's costing me a lot of extra money!

Trust me I'm not happy at all!

• 2 weeks later...

Over 2 weeks in and still waiting on the new manifold, should come next week but fuck knows if it will! I'll have to start walking the 30 miles to work soon if it takes any longer.

Meanwhile I've bought a stack oil pressure gauge, oil filter sandwich plate, service parts, new wheels which will turn up in a few weeks and some eyelids for the lights.

Starting to loose faith now with more and more issues that seem to be similar to what other people have had with these engine builds, I'm currently 7 grand down and cant even use the fucking thing!

That's an absolute joke about td heard a few similar stories unfortunately would really put me off using them for any sort of work in the future not very good customer service considering how much money you have give them

I'm not one to complain but this is getting the best of me now after spending so much on it only 3k miles after having it back and its already off the road and currently has a very loud release bearing, flashing oil light and bogging down every so often and a broken manifold! I didn't expect such problems after this and especially over 2 weeks waiting for a new manifold if i didn't have another car id be so fucked right now for getting to work..

Plus ive been wanting to sell my other car for a while now and i even have a buyer which is having to wait cause i need the car as the glanza is broke absolute nightmare, wish id looked at some more reviews before taking it there

What's the t&c,s of the warranty they give with the engine surely the oil pressure issue should be covered under the warranty

He said they can look at it but to get an oil pressure gauge fitted first to see if its just a faulty sensor or if it is actually low oil pressure, TD is a 4 hour drive one way from me though and i highly doubt they would cover costs for my fuel and I cant be without the car for any period of time really and its not going to be a quick ordeal i would imagine

Wow If I hadn't read enough about this mob lately then this is the icing on the cake.

Glad I've no intentions to ever go ear there. I feel for you mate I'm assuming your not mechanically comfortable enough to do the mani swap yourself?

Wow If I hadn't read enough about this mob lately then this is the icing on the cake.

Glad I've no intentions to ever go ear there. I feel for you mate I'm assuming your not mechanically comfortable enough to do the mani swap yourself?

Aye tell me about it, been a nightmare!

Yea I took it all off myself im just waiting on the new one now to put it back in, its an easy job and I love doing stuff like this myself, just for the money spent I didn't really expect to have to do the work myself thought they would have covered any costs to sort it out but hey ho..

• 3 months later...