What corolla Manifold (exhaust)?

I am have recently purchased a starlet SR 1.3 yesterday and have read up about power gains and how it can be done by looking at previous posts and build and im just trying to confirm what is the correct manifold for any gains if anyone can help?

Is it like this one?

the 4-1 manifold?

$_57.JPG

The inlet is the one you want. The exhaust mani is just the same as a starlet mani, it the older e10 corolla exhaust mani which is a 4-1 i think.

The ECU from that wont work either as it uses a DIS ignition system, youd have to swap that onto the starlet aswell for it all to work.

Dont know if the inlet is best for a N/a but people use it, or also the Glanza / GT inlet and throttle body. Dont quote me but iirc that corolla inlet is better for midrange power and the Glanza / GT one is better top end ??

And for the exhaust its the earlier e10 corolla manifold people use, or an aftermarket one like an obx etc. Dean@RW on here in the traders section does N/a exhaust manis, they look class.

This is a graph comparing the Gen1 & Gen2 4EFE engines. The one in the corolla above is actually a late Gen3. They use the same inlet as the Gen2 though.

tutorials-2-1267401327_zpsueig3kus.png

Theres other differences between the engines like injectors, ignition system, ECUs, exhaust manis etc. So the differnce in power isnt all down to the inlet.