GLANZA GEARBOX IN N\A EP91?

I have a question! i supose lots of you travel with your starlet right? right my problem is that the 5th gear is short,i have 140 km in 4,5k !!! so i was thinking either changing the gearbox from a glanza if it is longer nor customizing the 5th gear if possible ? any sugestions ? (i don't want higher speed but a more comfortable journey, in 4,5k it burns) perhaps something like 120 km in 3k,2,9k it would be vey nice! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your N/A would be so slow with a glanza gearbox, it would take you hours to get to 70mph. Consider paseo gearbox although the rpm difference is not great. Also some SR starlets seem to have different gear ratios too

Gear ratio data

All figures are taken from official Toyota source material that is sitting on the desk beside me here. I apologise in advance if I have made any errors.

Taken from Jaystarr thread on tgtt..

1996 UKDM 4EFE (C154?)

1st : 3.545

2nd : 1.904

3rd : 1.310

4th : 1.031

5th : 0.864

Differential ratio : 3.722

EP81/Corolla EE101 EU model (C150) AND PASEO EL54

1st : 3,545

2nd :1,904

3rd : 1,310

4th : 0,969

5th : 0,815

Differential gear ratio : 4,058

Youtube. 'Paseo top speed run' is my paseo run through all the gears. Paseo gearbox with 14inch wheels it topped out at 130mph odd lol because 5efe has 5500rpm limit in 5th. Although same wheels same gearbox with my 4efe hit 145mph on the same road before the 6500 rev limit.

www.gearboxman.com and use the gear ration calculator thing to compare rpm at 70mph.

Or the easiest option of all, buy 17inch wheels or best option find 6speed corolla gearbox, pleae dont pay £300 for it off ebay.