People with corolla manifolds?

Just had mine fitted, not had chance to really give it some beans but it pulls so much better in 3rd and 4th ive noticed already.

Just a quick question, the throttle pedal now has about 1cm of travel before it actually does anything, its just floppy if you get what i mean. Is this just something that always happens due to size differences or i am able to sort it out? I presume its the throttle cable thats not tight anymore. Can I tighten it by any chance and will this sort things or shall i just get used to it?

Thanks

Just had mine fitted, not had chance to really give it some beans but it pulls so much better in 3rd and 4th ive noticed already.

Just a quick question, the throttle pedal now has about 1cm of travel before it actually does anything, its just floppy if you get what i mean. Is this just something that always happens due to size differences or i am able to sort it out? I presume its the throttle cable thats not tight anymore. Can I tighten it by any chance and will this sort things or shall i just get used to it?

Thanks

My manifold came with a spare vacum tube, I cut a piece off that and put it between the pedal and the throttle cable stopper, you will notice you run out of Revs in 1st and a bit in second. 1st you will prob hit rev limiter when you launch.

If yours came with the spare tubing (don't cut your one if it didn't) you need about 1/2 inch of it. Go to your accelerator pedal and feel upwards, towards the top of the pedal there should be a point where it is attatched to the cable and a rubber stoper on the end. Pull the cable out to its tort (not so it opens the throttle).

If you also have one of the hose clamps spare it would be handy, split the piece of hose in half and put it around the extra wire between the stopper and pedal, use the clamp to keep it from opening and falling off.

Sorry about the poor description.

I didnt fit it myself i left it to the garage. It seem like the actually throtle body is closer to the mani with the new one (the actual width of the mani compared to the old one) meaning it has a bit slack. Anyone know how to tighten the throttle cable seems thats all that needs doing.

I dont see how you can stretch metal cable... I thought you could tighten it too but there was nowhere to adjust it. Sounds like a bit of a bodge job but it definatly stops the pedal flap. :p

I dont see how you can stretch metal cable... I thought you could tighten it too but there was nowhere to adjust it. Sounds like a bit of a bodge job but it definatly stops the pedal flap. :p

Cheers rich will have a go at sorting it later!

K this will sound strange but my throttle cable has been a little slack before, and my mate did actually tighten it there on the spot, not actually overtighten but just right so it can be done with what you have.

Joz

Hmm, I had a look to see if it could be tightened but couldn't really see how to do it, so just done the quick fix as I was in a rush and it hasn't caused me any probs.

Obviously its better to do it the propper way.

I think I posted a link up from aus starlet club or toyota owners club can't remember. I can't seem to find it now.

Anyway the jist is:

Inside the ECU the is a tiny quartz resistor (can't remember propper name) these are usually used to time electrical currents as they 'vibrate'. It is basically used to control the rev limit, when you change the resistance it will change the rev limit.

Thanks so much Rich, did exactly what you sugested and it worked a treat, so glad i got that sorted would have pissed me off forever. Just been out for a blast and fuck me! Ill be suprised if I make 20. Its such a vast improvement, pulls so well in every gear now. The noise it makes sounds mint too. Cant image how fast a Glanza must feel now. This is defo a must do mod for anyone with an n/a.

Anyway thanks again Rich :p

No probs mate, as I said above though its probably best to tighten it up properly.

Now you just need to go out and find some BMW 318s to play with, don't ask why you'l find out when their 1.8L (recently found out they're actually 2.0L) engines can't handle the pressure :p

Right ok, I know its a double post but that was ages ago.

Here is the link again for the ECU rev limit crystal thingy - LINK

I would write up a 'write up' on the Rolla manifold and ecu stuff but I'm far too busy reading these forums :rolleyes: