connecting rods help? 4efte

any help much appreciated

looking to purchase pistons & rods today 74.5mm, cr 8:5:1

found a kit on ebay from America wiseco pistons & scat rods

but have been informed by another ukso member that the block may need to be notched for the rods to fit,

well..... i have already refitted the crank with acl bearings & arp bolts, block bored & decked, so dont wanna have to remove again ideally, or pay the engine company any more money, build is expensive already.

does anyone know of any forged rods @ pistons kits that will be a direct fit

looking to purchase today. money waiting

cheers Andrew

melted the piston on cyl 3, made quite a mess of the cylinder, piston had melted itself into the cylinder wall :/ so i took it to the engine company near to where i live, would not recommend!!! and he said he was confident that can rebore it, he asked me for the choices on piston sizes so i gave him the choices on oversized pistons n he then machined the bores, so now the bore on each cylinder is 0.5mm oversized, & i will now go for 74.5mm pistons?, i didnt know i may have to have the block notched for the rods, but spoke to idrees now & apparently the kit he supplys... wiseco pistons & pec rods...doesnt require the block notching,

I purchased the same kit dude from great buy guy im guessing.

Tbh id get the whole kit from TD as they have an offer on for rods, pistons, headgasket, shells and headbolts for 1k!

I paid about £650 from america delivered but then parcelforce charge £170 in fees!

My block is currently getting notched atm as scat H beam requires it

As for reboring the cylinder, my wiseco pistons came with a spec sheet with clearances on. Not sure if its as simple as boring to 74.5mm. Mine had a clearance of 30 thou i 'think' cant remember exactly was deffo 0.0030 inch or 0.00030 inch. So they measure the piston and bore the cylinder with the correct clearance