Big end bearing question

Hey all. Just after some opinions of anyone who has ever had a big end bearing fail before. Any input is really appreciated =]

So after spinning a bearing in my first engine. I then went and bought a forged motor and the same thing has happened.

However

Previously the rod in the first engine had massive up and down play like half an inch and was done at about 90 mph and a crank regrind was necessary (Engineers view).

This time in the forged motor It was done travelling up the road (30mph's ish) after flushing out the 2nd batch of oil that was in there trying to remove the crap that I believe caused the turbo to fail. Pickup was blocked when I took the sump off. There is 1 rod that has maybe a 10th of an inch of play side to side. the others have even less play but still have some play side to side.

There is no play up and down atall in any of them. There was tons of filings in the sump which I believe came from the turbo that came off the old engine and presumed off the big ends that are in there now .A couple weeks after the turbo was fitted it started smoking and had lots of shaft play so had the turbo rebuilt.

The car is home and not being run as it definitely sounded like rod knock. Would anyone think I could get away with just new bearings? What is the difference in having up and down play and side to side play? All stuff I'm really interested to find out.

Have a video to show the play in the rods if anyone would want to see it.

Car was ment to be mapped this sunday too , what a blow below the belt !

Anyway thanks for reading!

peace! \o/

just back mate it looks a bit playish indeed depends how much force you use to move them ???

get plastigauge and 1 by 1 check your clearance and state of the bearings and thicknes also check if the sids of rods are digging in the crank wal those metal bits in your sump scare me very bad news

The first rod i moved takes no force atall the others take force to move. And the others are tight. will check clearances and state of bearings soon raining here atm. I didnt know side to side was normal thanks for the info. I also have a video of the previous bid end that went to compare to this time. The sound in the engine was exactly like before tho.

Thanks guys all the info really

Helps

Adam