Be advised that any water (ie flood water) that will get past the filter will make your engine go pop

You can't compress water

General rain water might be ok tho, wouldn't risk it myself and run a standard air of during winter

True lol.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. On my bike I modified the intake to a bigger carb. But this meant I could no longer use the standard airbox so have opted for a RAM filter which is basically a sponge right next to the shock. I ride in all weathers and have never had a problem. I've also been known to jet wash the fck out of the bike, launch a bucket of water at the engine and carb and then fire it up and ride off. I'm sure if can survive that then it'll survive a little rain water.

Thanks for the input guys the air filter aint soaking wet but im putting a heat shield around it to stop water getting onto it. Also most starlet owners who modfy there cars relocate to the front, just behind the intercooler so has anyones car eninge gone 'pop' from a wet air filter.