Plug and play HID are just shit. they never got the right pattern, light is scattered. Retrofit is the proper, and legal, way to upgrade. It's a hassle, but worth every penny. I did one when I had my Kia, Here are some pics.

DSC00829.jpg

ASC00839.jpg

P1000648.jpg

I'm waiting for parts to do my Starlet, I'll do a writeup when everything gets here.

http://theretrofitsource.com/ is probably the most recognised website, with the morimoto mini projectors being the best available at the moment. You can also get good ones on ebay, about the same quality but much cheaper. I'm doing mine for about £50, AU$90 complete with COB LED angel eyes as park/drl lights + a set of N/A crystals.

Only thing is you need a smooth lense, like Glanza's or N/A crystal. standard N/A won't cut it. It's really straight forward, but most people don't want to open their headlamps.

I aslo wish to quote this from your link above about plug and play: Please note these may not pass an MOT unless you have projector beams, self levelling headlights and headlight washers.

Edited by FMuscle

Look at this one (but don't buy it, it's LHD) check the pictures, you can see some of the rear of the projectors, the markings on them are exactly the same as the morimoto's, the shroud is the same as one of the 2 OEM options for the morimoto... They're either a replica, or the real deal without the big name.
All I can recommand is to contact the seller, make sure you get RHD (unless one lives in a LHD country), make sure you have H4 adapter plate/washer in the kit, and that they're bi-xenon (hi-lo) the rest is up to you: 35/55W, bulb temperature. Just make sure to get the right bulbs, you can get H1 or D2S projectors, most common is H1.
Chinese stuff is not what it used to be...
I went with:
same projectors as above (different seller tho) $49.99

35W 5,000K H1 kit $25.49

80mm COB LED rings to fit inside the shrouds $14.60

AU$90.08 total, plus the crystal headlight from id-workz. HID kit may seem cheap, but I've had good experiences with cheap kits, and for that price, I don't mind replacing if one ever fails. it's not like a kit 10X the price...

• 2 months later...

I was looking into h.I.d kits and they say it works if you have h4 bulbs but my car has h6 bulbs can I still fit h.I.d s any help is appreciated

They should be h4's mine were got some HID's off ebay £25 so far so good :)

My headlights are awesome. Don't drive much at night, only once a week, but I had them on for the last couple. Massive difference and no hassle from anyone about blinding or glaring. I cannot stress enough about doing it the right way, don't just put an illegal plug and play kit in there.
11009959_10205310567035493_2094163916655

11070962_10205310567875514_2288493673247

1897825_10205373222601843_83781174638991