Evening!

I was searching though the old receipts which came with the car and found one for when the clutch was fitted. The receipt states that a paddle clutch was fitted as well as the flywheel being machined. Is this a common thing? I am trying to understand why they would have machined the flywheel, I guess it will be due to the fitment of the clutch or for lightening purposes? Curious as it may have an impact on whatever clutch I go for next? (If some require machining of the flywheel and some don't...)

Cheers!

Sometimes the friction surface can get scored, ware unevenly or get hotspots so will be skimmed.

Nothing major i shouldnt think.

I had one of mine lightened and they also increased the step from friction surface to cover mounting surface to bump the clamping pressure of the clutch. Not usually done when changing clutch though

I always wondered why on earth you would have a flywheel skimmed. just thought what a pointless thing to have done and so not needed.

then I fitted a £350 6puck cc clutch to my old knackered scored and warped flywheel and even the uprated 250% torque couldnt stop it slipping, incredible really and and just shows how trouble much a bad flywheel will give you.

anyway I ended up just buying a brand new genuine toyota one and bingo, worked amazing.