Metal In Sump

So as most of you know i have been having problems getting oil pressure.

I dropped my car off at a mates garage and he removed the sump to find some small particles of mental in there.

He then removed the oil pump and found some nasty scoring on it.

He then removed the big end bearings but they look ok and so does the crank.

What else could cause some small bits of metal in the sump?

Cheers,

Charlie

Could be many things such as big ends bearings, gudgeon pins, main bearings, thrust washers, cams/shims.

If you can't find obviously damaged components i would change the oil pump, flush the engine and clean the sump/pickup. then change oil and filter after 500 miles then 1000 miles.

Unless you have money to fully strip/rebuild the engine...

Been through it a few times with my Advance and just now with my Glanza. The glanza has span a big end shell and there's some canny swarf on the magnetic sump plug and the oil it's dropped is metallic too. bad times...

Could be many things such as big ends bearings, gudgeon pins, main bearings, thrust washers, cams/shims.

If you can't find obviously damaged components i would change the oil pump, flush the engine and clean the sump/pickup. then change oil and filter after 500 miles then 1000 miles.

Unless you have money to fully strip/rebuild the engine...

Been through it a few times with my Advance and just now with my Glanza. The glanza has span a big end shell and there's some canny swarf on the magnetic sump plug and the oil it's dropped is metallic too. bad times...

I've ordered a new oil pump, so i'll get that changed and then do a few oil changes to see if the problem re-occurs!