starlet ep91 ecu changing 4efe black label 89661-10181 to green label 89661-1a080

i have searched and searched i have a starlet sr ep91 with 5efe engine on standard ecu i want to try and put this ecu in that i got when i was getting a 4-2-1 exhaust mani and intake manifold and tb i beleive same as turbo and yellow/brown injectors from a ee101 4efe corolla that had no imobiliser or from what i could see it didnt it was a k reg 92 any ideas if this will work or if i can make it work and what does the green label mean ? it is quite a bit bigger my starlet ecu is 2/3 the size of the corolla one. any help apriciated thanks

hi thanks for the reply and yes the plugs are the same it wont let me post a pic so here is a link to my fb

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=895836477104859&set=pcb.895836583771515&type=1 and i did plug it in today and it just start for like 1 second and cuts out ?

Edited by jack_wetone
  • 1 year later...

Probably too late now, but this means it's attempting to start but isn't reading the correct signals, you'll need to open up both ecus and compare the pin-outs printed on the circuit board, maybe (and I mean maybe) it could be a matter of swapping around some wires

But certain 4e & 5e engines have different types of ignition systems

As for immobiliser, again you'll need to check the board for 'imi' and 'imo', if it doesn't have it printed on the board, then it probably won't have an immobiliser, and it should still start however immobiliser won't be functional

But don't quote me on it

Edited by Trevstar34