Caution- Noob alert!

Hi guys,

Basically I'm new to starlets and any performance turbo car, so I've been going through build threads and what not and a few different things have caught my eye, for example, a wide band? I'm after a basic understanding, of what it does and how it does it & when it's needed!

same for a fuel cut defender, fuel pressure regulator and probably a few more when I remember! Lol

Thanks in advance!

Wideband is your air to fuel regulator gives you a accurate reading of those, the sensor gets welded into you exhaust not decat.. measures your readings from there,

FCD is basically stops the car from hitting fuel cut when you up the boost, wouldn't bother with one just buy a plug n play ecu or a mappable ecu

FPR it regulates fuel at a constant set pressure we already have one on as stock but people upgrade them for a more accurate fuel pressure

The only one worth buying is the wideband imo but everything all depends on what mods you want in the future.

Wideband - works as a lambda on a modern car but gives you a visible reading of air fuel ratio to ensure you're fuelling is perfect throughout the rev/boost range.

Fcd - changes the voltage signal sent from map to ecu with resistance fooling it into thinking you're running pre fuel cut boost pressure. Preventing fuel cut.

Fpr - rising rate fuel reg hanges fuel pressure with revs as they raise to compensate for air fuel ratio.