Do I need supporting mods?

Hey guys, so currently have a turbo back exhaust system, aftermarket manifold and decat on my glanza v, also an after market air filter.

I'm looking to get an ecu to boost up the power a bit , I'm thinking a jam or blitz. I'll be having the car tuned once the ecu is installed aswell.

Ive heard that the ecus can be plugged into a standard glanza and work perfectly, Is that correct or will I need supporting mods like fmic,fuel pump and hks actuator ? Or can I just run the car as it is with the ecu?

Your advice would be much appreciated!

I think you can run the ecu just stock but obviously more boost needs more fuel so fuel pump first you might aswell fit the fp first then the ecu same time as actuator after reading many posts, the blitz ecu seems the best choice! You won't need a fpr with a plug n play but get a dyno session to be safe I would buy the fuel pump first then the fmic short route but it's up to you.

I'm sure I'm correct in saying this......

You wont be able to TUNE the ecus your looking at so you will need go think about staying standard ecu and getting a piggy back ( emanage ) and get that set up properly to your set up for best/ safest results

James

It's all about the map at the end of the day, the mapper is only as good as the parts he's working with, leave the map and boost level till the end you won't get the most from your parts with a plug n play technology has advanced there are better options out there now if you have the cash the EMU is a great option, it also removes speed cut while the EMB doesn't!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice guys, in the next three months ill be installing a fuel pump, actuator and fmic, then ill get the piggy back ecu and tune it :thumbsup:

Those supporting mods are good aswell cuz they arent too expensive so should be ready for the ecu in no time! :D

Thanks for the advice guys, in the next three months ill be installing a fuel pump, actuator and fmic, then ill get the piggy back ecu and tune it :thumbsup:

Those supporting mods are good aswell cuz they arent too expensive so should be ready for the ecu in no time! :D

Sound good mate, nice to see your doing it properly! :thumbsup: