M937MYX - Starlet GT Turbo - Black

• 3 months later...

Really bad mate. Really bad. Shame I didn't see this thread.

32D87C81-E50E-49EC-866E-2B9F9CE50527_zps

This was the state I bought it in. Head gasket had failed.

The body has seen better days. The roof has peeled badly. Few things wrong with it still but it's gone to a loving home mate.

2246C155-19A6-42C5-8DB1-2ACD6969D33A_zps

Photo Taken Thursday

92CE1FB7-BF13-472C-81C2-8E94FA63AA39_zps

DAA75504-65CC-4D95-BAC8-04470BA0DB48_zps

Edited by Calum122

Yeah, had it 8 months and done 100 miles in it....it is a never ending story of problems with this motor. Be interesting to see what the cars history is or if he has a build thread for it. Unfortunately this was a High Wycombe Special :(

Edited by Calum122

Just read through your posts on TGTT.

044.jpg

Damn that was one fine EP when you first bought it.

Sorry but I wasn't really a fan of any of the modifications you done to it. Butchered the front bumper, GASH MR2 Alloys that had been rattle canned and the colour of the rocker cover.

To be fair though it was probably alright when you had done it but by the time I got it it was peeling flaking and just generally nasty.

I was surprised, when working on the engine, that it had been forged.

I don't mean to be rude, but reading through your thread I got the impression that money was a little tight, where you kept asking 'cheap as poss please', so I'd be interested in finding out what components you used to forge the engine?

If it's cheap components then I guess I'd be better to rebuild it myself. I read that the crank had spun a bearing in the end. What did you do, new crank, or go ahead for a regrind?

Also what coilovers you go for in the end?

Was interesting to read about the cars history, sounded like when you got rid of it it was a bit worse for ware. Well regardless I'm going to restore it to full health anyway.

Was "forged" by some people who used to be on tggt. Didn't know much about the cars back then so no idea what they did and didn't do. After not having it for 6 months I got it back I lost the love.

They cut the bumper for the DIY front bumper.

Wheels were sprayed and okay when I had them but yeah never a great job.

She was clean when she went off no peeling anywhere. Ran okay.

Seems like she looks great now though. So top work.

Lol. I know it's running forged internals, but no idea what components. Arp rod bolts and look like scat rods. I was amazed did you drive to Germany in this thing lmao!

It was funny reading back through your posts about this car. Just the little adventures it brought you is ace.

No sad to say mate this car is in dire need for body work. I've been working on the car bit by bit just sorting out all the problems. Am a far way away from how I want this car to look. But you got to give this thing some credit, it's had a hard life and it is still going strong :)

I said when I bought this car that someone loved this car. Funny as that was you. This car had loads of history from the import date up until 2012. And then ir was completely abused after it left your hands mate. Funny now I think about it. I can see you spent money and took it to a garage when it needed work so fair play to you.

I couldn't bare to let anyone work on this car so it's all down to me to fix it, and this is the first car I've ever worked on. Sorting out the problems is no small task but its worth while.

As said she's in good hands and when you come to buy it off me in 10 years time it'll be as good as it was when it rolled off the boat into England those many years ago, albeit a little faster :)

Jokes.

Nah man thanks for telling me. It's interesting speaking to a previous owner and its good to see your back on the forums.

Yeah, I do have a build thread for the car on another forum that I moderate on. When it's substantial I will transfer it over, but you're more than welcome to reminise about your car on it here:

http://dt125r.activeboard.com/t59212591/the-icarus-project-4efte/

It's quite a bit of work since I've bought it. Unfortunately there were a lot of things that needed to go. I think the last owner just neglected it for a few years but unless anything changes for the meanwhile I'll take good care of it.