4E-FE dizzy with carb setup

So, I found this 4E-FE distributor diagram on another forum:

dBmUfyk.jpg

If I want to run the 4E-FE with carbs in an EP70, do I have to wire (1-white) to a 12V ignition switch and ground the wire (3-yellow)?The white wire is marked in the ecu pinout as ignition timing, yellow is ignition feedback, green wire is RPM signal and the blue wire is something for the ECU, but since I won't be using the ECU I'll just leave it... Is this correct?

Edited by EP70-PT

No that wont work - the ecu tells the ignitor when to fire the coil so you'd need to still run it. Really to run without the ecu you need a points style dizzy.

What could do is still run the full ecu, just don't run any injectors so the ecu is still running the timing side of things. You may just need to run possibly a resistor in place of the injectors so the ecu still thinks they are in use and doesn't drop into limp.

That would be a good idea but could I use a 4e-fte distributor and use the coil that is already in the ep70? And how did those guys do it then...53lFCba.jpg
XwlzNkA.jpg

If it's too difficult I migh aswell get a 2E as it is a straight swap in the EP70 (correct me if I'm wrong) and bike carb it, the car will be a test platform anyways and not a daily driver x)

Edited by EP70-PT

Both of those have inbuilt coils into the distributor. There is a 4efe that comes stock with carbs and that setup.

You cannot use the standard efi 4e dizzy without the ecu as the ecu controls the spark events not the dizzy.