1997 Toyota Paseo 5EFE

Year: 1997
Model: Paseo Si
Tax: N/A
MOT: 09/05/15
Mileage:144500

Description:

Here is my 1997 Toyota Paseo Si, Hopefully you are familiar with the Paseo. If unsure allow me to explain a little bit, it is the coupe version of a starlet, given with only one engine, the 5EFE, usually in manual, it shares many parts with the starlet, as in suspension, brakes, wheel hubs etc. the engines are pretty much identical apart from the 5EFE has a 1.5L engine compared to the 4E’s 1.3L, it is also has a little bit more torque. J

I have owned her for 2 years and done regular servicing, which included removing a seized spark plug. I have only used Shell Nitro+ since ownership. She has not had a fault, the only damage was done by me not realising the little amount I had left on the rear and hit a pole I couldn’t see, hidden between the lights and damaged the original bumper, so I replaced the damaged with a red one, not too helpful when the car is quicksilver. She is truly fantastic and handles brilliantly, fairly fast as she has had a massive diet. She can return on average 40MPG, which isn’t bad for an 18 year old car. A completely unique car!

I have a genuine reason for sale. I was going to turbo her myself. But changes have forced me to sell.

Few bad parts

She could do with the little surface rust she has dotted around. It is only surfaces as I have hunted for more. The sills are 100% solid. Also as mentioned earlier the rear bumper is red not silver so that could do with respraying and then someone kindly left massive scuff on the front bumper while I was getting a haircut. Engine bay could do with a good clean.

The standard parts

She has the 5EFE engine, and standard brakes all round, also benefits from a moonroof, and electric mirrors and windows. She is cheap on insurance due to how few where sold from new (2400 new, with 600 currently left on the road). Is a UK car, not import! Recently new discs and pads on the front and new shoes on the rear, will come with spare rear shoes.

The Mods

The modifications are as follows

Exterior

Black rubber lip

Subaru mid level wing (needs spraying also)

Toyota Paseo Fog lights (Stupidly rare to find optional extra)

Moonroof with the leather bag (extremely rare)

HID kit 6000K

Interior

Luke 5-point harnesses in Blue (can have a option 4 point include)

Fibreglass bucket seats (imported from America, extremely rare seats, super comfortable, cost over £900 incl taxes)
Custom brackets for the car as they are not made (NOT RAILS)

Esparco quick release steering wheel boss

MOMO steering wheel

Fully stripped

Engine

Front strut brace (rear doesn't need one)

K&N panel air filter
TRD Ignition Leads
Toyota Corolla Inlet Manifold

Stainless steel exhaust (unknown Brand)

Handling

Lower springs (unknown brand)
Stiffer shocks (unknown brand)
Fox racing aluminium alloy wheels with 205/45/16 tyres with excellent tread

With everything sorted it would make an excellent show car, or track monster if you decide to turbo the engine.
Viewing is welcomed.
The picture is of the seats in the car, but no longer with door cards

Price: £1600 ono

WP_20140913_001_zps0c273633.jpg

Contact Details: message or email on ray0241@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bearing lol my bad n is this price on engine wat about car

On the engine, can have the car, but would have to be trailered away due to a seal on a injector has split, and there are no seats in the car.

ps sorry on my bad spelling in a rush at work...