Just wondered if anyone had tried the rx7 intercooler mod and whether the benefits were worth it??

Also is it a straight forward swap for the original ic? Mounting points? Can you still use seal on underside of bonnet due to increased thickness of new ic!

Andrew.

They could handle 1 bar think you need different silicone bends probably best taking the rubber off I don't think it would sit right, bet spool time will be great with one of those.

I ran one for a little while, you can use the the standard tmic top hose but you need a 90 degree for the bottom, as for mounting points just some cable ties if that. None of the holes line up. Worked fine on my standard setup...still have it if you need one

Edited by Vturbo

Cool nice one mate,if i run it on a ct9 should i have to do anything else to make it work safely do you know?

Andrew.

Pretty sure there good for 1bar set ups if your using stock mani make sure you dremel out the port restriction

3rd runner you will see when you look through the ports just spend some time drilling them out with a small dremel just to help gas flow I would use your heatsheild aswell will keep good heat off the intercooler

also should i leave it running at standard boost or turn it up a bit?

have just had my turbo overhauled by Liam D at midlands turbo,did an amazing job on it!!!!!!

any preferences to and adjustable actuator to do it or a boost valve??

have got a defender on her which was fitted when i had her but have turned it 14 after hearing some bad things about them.

Andrew

Get yourself a hks/tuning developments actuator and turn the boost up to .8bar and itll fly bud. I might have one actually pm me sure if your interested. runnin .8bar is also safe as its below fuel cut So i wouldnt worry about the fuel cut defender, rip it out and sell it for an adjustable actuator.

You can fit a front mounted filter with any size radiator mate its just a few 90degree bends and silicone hoses

Runin a mazda intercooler too since owned fink a copy tho does what it made for on a runing 0.7-1 bar but tbh if u was to spend money best of with front mount..mine kum like that when i bought but is on- my to change/alter list ... basically it has limits n yep manifold n one two mods will back it up but still could strain if having a good ragg around ha!