recently rebuilt ported ct9, in top condition!

Item For Sale:

Standard ct9, ported and rotatable.

Item Condition & Description:

This is my ct9a, which was rebuilt about a year ago by liamd on here at midlands turbos. it was built using the choice parts from 2 ct9s I sent, has had its wastegate ported and i believe has the pin on the compressor side removed making it possible to rotate, but ill have to have that confirmed by Liam as I've forgotten. It's done around 3/4000 miles very nearly all at standard boost, with about a week of 12 psi after i fitted an ebc, but my car was written off so it was short lived. I ran it at 16 psi in 10 sec increments on overboost for that week just to see what i could push from it, and didn't see any boost creep from it at all, due to the wastegate port.

There is no chipping to the edges of the compressor wheel, or notable play in the shaft ( they have a minute amount even new, as the shaft 'floats' surrounded by a film of oil).

It also has what was sold to me as an hks actuator bolted to it that ill include as i have no use for it without the turbo, which is adjustable!

Price:

Im getting a bit low on the old funds again, so ill sell it for 130 if it goes in the next 24 hours, and 150 after that! the professional rebuild alone costs more, let alone porting and the cost of the second turbo it was built from so i feel these prices are resonable!

Pictures:
20150308_131629_zpst7utf2y1.jpg
20150308_131650_zps2bjvtcit.jpg

20150308_131736_zpsx2zkfikv.jpg

Payment & Shipping Details:

to be discussed with the buyer

No sorry, I cant include postage of a turbo for 130! there's no smoke at all, its barely even run in and is surely the closest you can get to finding a brand new standard ct9 these days! shaft play is something all journal bearing turbos have in small amounts due to their design, this turbo has as little shaft play in it as the day it was made I can assure you :)

• 2 months later...

I can vouch that all journal turbos are designed with a small amount of play in from new, they need to have it. Very tempted by this but have now got in my head that I'm getting a speedvision hybrid.

Glws chops, if it's somehow not sold already

Edited by BurtEP82

This sold a whle back , dunno why i didnt close this thread. I have a spankers tf035 fresh from the day liamd rebuilt it, shitloads better than a speedvision ct9 imo!