Wiper motor problem

Afternoon all,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my O/S wiper motor where it travels too far and makes the wiper overrun the windscreen. If I'm doing 70, the wind pushes it as well, which has led to a couple of fun times where it can't travel back down because it's gotten stuck on the A pillar and I've had to nudge it back out of my window, and a particularly memorable one where the arm came back down and twisted the wiper clean off. Luckily no one was behind me and I managed to get off the road and rotate the wipers around so the missing one was on the rear, but serious ballache all round as it limits me to about 60mph in any rain at all.

Any ideas? I've tried applying some forceful persuasion to the wiper arm to rotate the motor a bit but it's made no difference at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed it this afternoon. For the benefit of anyone else who might be having the same issue and stumbles across this thread:

At the base of the wiper arm there's a small plastic cover, pop that off and underneath there's the nut that holds the arm onto the motor. Loosen the nut and rotate the arm as necessary, then retighten. Job's a goodun, go and have a cuppa :)