Dropped another 2e into the starlet, swapped everything over now it's idling high, as if throttle is sticking, what could have caused this? Choke pulled half way out does not affect it and when pulled out fully is starts to splutter as she's running lean...adjusting idle screw did nothing either ... What can I try now

So far I've checked vacuums , rooted at idling screw, set ignition timing points with the timing light

I put a new gasket on when I first fitted and it done it, then put a lock of gasket sealer on and let it set then tried and it still did it:( checked the pipes they're all plumbed right how would I check for leaks along the pipes? Wd40?

guarantee you its the vacuum fellas on the side of the carb. Has happened all my carbs at some stage.

You can screw them back to idle lower but they'l still hold revs changing gears. I ended up bypassing it. Comes off with 2 screws. The one on the right hand side has been the one at fault in any ive had. You'll need to reset the idle screw doe.

On the right hands side when your looking at the carb theres one of those vacuum pressure yokes and theres a pipe feeding back into the back of the carb just pull the pipe and un-screw the 2 screws on the bracket on top of the carb. You'll need to take off the whole airbox to get at them.