i think you'll find that the price will creep up somewhat once they see it and crack it open, because chances are they think its a normal ct9 :p

i was worried about the same thing so ........ i explained it is a aftermarket turbo and i asked if the price would shoot up if they ran into more problems inside but the guy looked at it and he told me it will need new seals and new bearings as the ones that are in there have collapsed causing the shaft to bend so then he went on to say the shaft would need replacing, he then put all notes on the job sheet signed it and gave me a copy and said there will be no extra charges what he has quoted me i will pay as it would be there fault for not diagnosing the problem. but he said he could tell straight away what was wrong with it so i will trust his judgment as my friend has sent alot of work his way so he must be trust worthy.

will let you know what happens when i get the turbo back :p

if you can get it for that money, then sound, thats lucky, although, they arent your everyday ct9's so it may well throw up some surprises - the sizes of the components aren't generic sizes, its a custom one-off turbo for a reason.

good luck bud.

if you can get it for that money, then sound, thats lucky, although, they arent your everyday ct9's so it may well throw up some surprises - the sizes of the components aren't generic sizes, its a custom one-off turbo for a reason.

good luck bud.

Amen to that

Id like to know where hes getting his service kit from for it?

Hope it gets sorted for you bud.Be a nice little turbo once its been serviced.

:lol: thought you might buddy :D

my mods are ....

full kakimoto exhuast system

jam decat

s/s manifold

the fresh blitz k1 turbo

sard ecu

irridium plugs

walbro fuel pump

fmic

apexi induction

greedy profect b boost control

think thats the major mods so i was wondering what to run the boost at ( when its run in ) and what power roughly i should be pushing ?

many thanks jason

;) it is fitted and i can deffinatly tell ya is not a standard ct9 pmsl

the guys are called CR TURBO'S i believe there in new milton i cant find the number but as soon as i do i will post it up they are really helpfull and super quick :)

i do have some problems concerning the controll of my boost HELP is really welcome ;)

i left the actuator and boost controller set up to the old ct9b settings and i dont seem to hit boost untill very late on in the rev band like 5k ish

i tried adjusting this on my controller but had no affect so im guessing i have not fitted it properly this time round

any advice and diagrams would be much apreciated

its a different turbo, ofcourse its not gonna be the same.

remove everything, just run the actuator, and see what she hits, obviously not letting it shoot up beyond what its mapped for (your 'sard ecu' will NOT be mapped for a K1, hence if you let it spool to unlimited boost then you'll most definately blow a piston...or two).

run actuator pressure and see how you get on, then hook up the boost controller and learn to tune it properly :p

also, if they've done a proper job, then thats a very lucky deal right there - although the compressor blades aren't the same as normal K1 blades from the looks of it, so its not gonna ever perform the same as an original K1 - thats fact. It may perform better, never know, but it'll never be the same as an original item.