you're the bastard that bought that one on ebay eh!? :) Just know that that'll cost you a bomb to rebuild...

It's pretty much a Hybrid CT9 that can be run at around 1.2Bar without issues...so just any mods to support 1Bar really

:) yeah that was me, i got the cash to rebuild it but want to make sure its woth doing before hand would i be looking at around 200bhp max with this turbo ? i also read on a trinidad forum that the turbo spools up at 1700 revs :D can anybody confirm this :) ?

you sure? I've been offered a K1 that's been rebuilt by Turbo Dynamics for like £1300...not a chance I'd buy it at more than new price. The turbo wouldn't take long to spool, would be similar to a CT9, just perhaps a bit more efficient in the top-end

but would it be worth rebuilding the turbo not worried about price as long as its worth it

thanks jason

I tossed and turmoiled over that K1 that was rebuilt (and to be fair, hybridised to an extent) as I've been looking for a K1 for ages...but when I was told brand new they retailed for £850 or thereabouts...well....you decide. You can get a Hybrid CT-9 that'll do pretty much the same job for much less money. But I still want a K1 :)

for the money to recon it (the Blitz refurb kits were discontinued a few years ago) you could buy a much better, custom built hybrid, which will perform better and last longer than any K1, and will be far superior to the likes of the tonka toy hybrids available from thailand, someone like turbo technics could make you a new one for about a grand (if someone was charging 1200quid for a bloody k1!!).

As the master said above, somebody like turbo technics, turbo dynamics etc will take youre ct9 from you and turn it into a beast of a hybrid for about 700-800..

And at least it wont cost you half as much getting it reconditioned in the future.

I mean for almost the cost of the k1 and getting it serviced you could buy a td04 kit and at least then , you could pick up brand new td04s on fleabay for around a 100squid

just bam a new one on mate, for the mone you can afford to just used ones that are smoking as they come up for sale all the time.

only problem with td04's is that they are a little further along the line as far as bhp goes, plus their compressor map isn't 'ideally' suited to the exhaust flow of the 4E's, although they still work, its just not the same as the response you'd get from a K1, or a custom hybrid from the likes of turbo technics.

Although, as above, it'd be a hell of a lot fucking cheaper, and you'd be able to run pretty much whatever you want, anywhere from 180-250bhp, depending which TD04 you chose.

plus i like men.