well i accidently pulled out a lead from one of my 6x9 poineer 330w, (shh if u dont like 6x9s :)) anyway i noticed the one speaker on its own had a nicer sound, more bass etc.

neway i think its because the headunit i have is a bit old and doesnt give them enough power? its a song cdx--something 4x 45...im not one who knows about audio. anyone help, could this be the case?

if so any idea on a replacement headunit...dont wana spend tht much tho as im a student ..lol

tom

Might not be the headunit mate. If you reverse the polarity (swap "+" with "-") on one of the speakers it should sound better.

Basically you want the speakers wires going to the same on both speakers. If not the speakers will cancel each other out and it'll sound flat.

Give it a try

u rekon? could u perhaps show me one as sed im good with electronics, but no not much on amps etc.

Thanks

i mate i have a sony cdx m88oo flip down fronty one its ok but i would recommend amping everything off it.

as for amps i have a JL audio E4300 4 channel amp powering my components, i got the 4 channel amp as it was my plan to run 2 sets of components in my doors as my starlets a 4 door, plus i got a 2nd set of identical components for free due to a computer error....

as for the bass side of things i have a vibe slick A7 digital monoblock amp now after my last one fried itself....

anyway if your looking for a gud amp go for a JL audio it won't die as mine's been belting it out for the last 1.5 years everyday