New Starlet Owner - Paint Code Rarity Advice?

Hello, I recently got a lovely little 1997 1.3 CD Auto and the person I bought it from said it's factory paint was particularly rare. I love the car regardless and seeing as it was in storage for a long time I'm starting to get it all ship-shape but I'm interested to find out if he was puling my leg.

I have looked online everywhere but there seems to be nothing but where you can buy the paint from.

It's code is 937 - Light Purple Metallic

Be nice to know if anyone else had this one whether it be 4 or 400 of you :) I'm new to driving in general so would loved to know if it served you well. Thanks!

Welcome along, I think the colour you are on about is a rare colour but more so on the Starlet Glanza not so much the uk models like your CD but its still less common than most. and I think you have the color code wrong as I think its 8K9 you have. But pictures of your car would help but it dose sound like 8K9 blue in your discription.

Edited by Dale SR

Hello Dale! Thanks for the warm welcome. I've attached a link to the picture of my car below. The paint code is correct as far as I know as when I went to Halfords to see if they could mix anything for me to go over a few scratches made by a previous owner they found it under the hood and ran it through their system and it came up straight away. I'm of course willing to be proved wrong of course haha.

https://www.facebook.com/victoria.vardy/activity/10152972052860873

Hello Dale! Thanks for the warm welcome. I've attached a link to the picture of my car below. The paint code is correct as far as I know as when I went to Halfords to see if they could mix anything for me to go over a few scratches made by a previous owner they found it under the hood and ran it through their system and it came up straight away. I'm of course willing to be proved wrong of course haha.

I was wrong its not the colour I Thought it was. Yours is quite a rare colour you really dont see many.

I can't see the pics on my MOD computer but the paint code for the blue/purple glanza is 8K9 not AK9. There's a thread on here in the wiki section with all the jdm colours and codes, 8K9 will be on there for comparison.

Haha thanks for seeing my mistake I have corected it now. :-)

I thught it would be a mistake but i know what it's like trying to decipher a paint code haha total nightmare if it's not a common colour!

I'm intruiged to see what it is now i'll have a look after work.

you know it . its your favorite light purple 4 door :p

looks like a straight car tbf

You live near me! I also have a metallic starlet.. Mine is baby blue though - my paint was ridonkulous expensive.. Still haven't used it to see what the match is like yet!

Metallic starlets ftw :)!

no way!

I knew i hadn't seen the last of that car...

at least it's not in teh hands of the worlds biggest idiot anymore i suppose

You beat me to it!!

no way!

I knew i hadn't seen the last of that car...

at least it's not in teh hands of the worlds biggest idiot anymore i suppose

Uh-oh. What trouble did you have regarding this lilac 5 door? Please say it was just seller related haha

You live near me! I also have a metallic starlet.. Mine is baby blue though - my paint was ridonkulous expensive.. Still haven't used it to see what the match is like yet!

Metallic starlets ftw :)!

You beat me to it!!

Ah nice. Nice to meet you!

No i have nothing against the car, but the previous owner was a stain on humantiy. He was trying to sell it, then it got impounded because he was drink driving in it, then he was giving it away but the new owner would have to pay the impound fee to get it out, then he got it out and was giving it away, then it was up for sale...

literally plagued my facebook for weeks. i rarely comment on stuff on those facebook groups because of all the trolls but i ended up commenting on that... notifications for years.... lol

good luck with it though be nice to see what you do to it.