i havent found a graph yet but i opened the tfo yesterday to rotate it the compressor is a good bit bigger then stock ct9 an exhaust only few mm bigger

but there is good news td wheels and compressors fit right on thinking of getting the kiniguwa billtet tdo4l 19t upgrade

CT9 peaks at about 12psi

TF035 peaks at about 13psi

The figures on the CT9 graph are at the hubs

The figures on the TF graph are calculated fly wheel figures

Peak power on the CT9 @ around 11psi of boost is ~ 138hp at the hubs (160 at the fly?)

Peak power on the TF @ around 13psi of boost is 195 at the fly (162 at the wheels?)

Will @ RDT did comment that my Zisco manifold could be causing a certain amount of restriction due to the size of its runners, and we saw very little change in peak power with more boost which is why it was left at around 11psi rather than a bar. I do see a certain amount of boost creep now when it's cold out, so often get a warning from my DEFI gauge that I'm hitting about 15psi, no big deal as AFR's are fine, if a little rich under these conditions.

Obviously this is only theory, and comparing the power figures is largely irrelevant given they were taken from two different sources. Interesting none the less.

As Colin said you can't really compare them as they are both different boost pressures

Mine is running .9 bar around 13psi

Tf035 is a great turbo in my opinion I went from a tongs to a standard ct9 to td04 then to tf035 and for my driving the tf isn't to laggy and has a great amount of pull

The tongs is a good turbo but I think the tf defiantly pulls harder

Well, you can compare them.

Because I know that at higher boost my setup didn't make much more HP. The lower graph is mine, it's from when my car was mapped, perhaps I should have said that. It's clear to see that the boost characteristics of the TF fitted to a 4efte are similar to that of a hybrid, which is what I was looking for.

I don't want to lose responsiveness for the sake of a few more HP, but it seems if I fit the TF I can have my cake and eat it too.

Out of interest, what manifold and exhaust do you have?

I run a ewg zisco manifold which like you said isn't the best

I was also looking at getting my tf rebuild but using bits off my td04 do you reckon I'd see many gains?

Maybe get in touch with LiamD to sort something out :)

I'd do it myself but I don't wanna spend that money to fit it and find it does need balancing or anything

I'd rather get someone to build it then it's perfect and I've got warranty aswell

I'm all for doing it myself but not everything

Ive just finished a TF/TDO4 intall on my starlet.

20150218_153340_zps427c5623.jpg

20150227_161044_zpse332a7e1.jpg

20150227_155331_zps2e9596e5.jpg

20150227_160120_zps32575b90.jpg

Im running the Kinugawa TFO35 http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/kinugawaturbo99-08subaruwrxforestertd04l-13t-6210hp-1-3.aspx

Using an electronic boost controller GFB 2

Im seeing full 13 psi boost at 3380 rpm Data logged using Microtech ECU

20150315_124149_zps91d4f132.jpg

I love this new turbo setup . I down sized from a GT2560 / smaller GTR 0.48 rear housing.

Ive never had a CT9 or been in a starlet with one so I cant compare to that. But I have done heaps of research and talked with blokes and those that have had CT9 , TF035 and TD04 rekon that TF is best for the street. (non forged motor)

GT2560 setup made 135kw at the wheels 14 psi at 5500 rpm (Had a missfire right up top so couldnt go to redlne ) . New setup is yet to be dynoed but feels just as good up top but comes in bout 600-700 rpm earlier in the rev range.

Its all fabricated and Tig welded by me in my shed at home.

Im a big fan of this TF turbo for the street. Engine is 4EFE + T 196,000 km unopened stock motor.