Can you put an ep82 4efte engine into an ep91

Yea there pretty much the same need to change over the thermo stat housing and run the ep91 sensors . There's slight differences inside gt rods are thicker but the engines are older some have extra water ways in the head and blah blah blah but nothing that really makes any odds

ahh then your fine then just strip the engine down to a long block and fit the ep91 sensors. knock sensor and oil pressure are the same from memory so its just the sensors not direcertly attached to the block like the thermo housing. where the water temp sensors is.

just get the basic ep82 engine. no need for any manfiolds or anything.

leave the knock sensor and oil sensor on the block.

remove the old engine and strip it down to the same state and then fit anything that was removed. intake/exhaust manifolds/ thermo stat housing/ alternator/starter motor. reattach all the lines/ vaccuums and should be good to go.

if you explain to the garage the engines are the same its just the sensors that differ any competent mechanic should be able todo it.

I fitted an ep82 engine to my glanza not knowing about the thermostat housing. It was idling high so I got a new temp sensor (for ecu) and temp sender for the gauge. This brought the idle down a bit but it's still up at 1400rpm!? Do I need to get a housing, sensors and plugs for an ep91 in order to fix my idle problem?