anybody good with ep70 carbs? having a few issues with my car and I'm nearly sure its the carb....

put a new engine in and it was idling high around 2k revs, checked for vacuum leaks and couldn't find any so adjusted the mixture screw and it brought the revs down, started idling around 850 or so revs like it should, but it seems to drop on revs sometimes, like if i drive for a few mins and stop at traffic lights, it would sit at around 1100 revs then drop to 850 but then go a bit lower and go back up to 850 and seems to drop a rev as if it is slightly misfiring....

ignition timing was set to 10 degrees btdc like it should and timing on engine is fine, would the carb be the problem, i noticed after a few days driving it , it now seems to hesitate if i keep the throttle steady, if i drive down a stretch of road with my foot in same position holding it at any rev it feels like its losing a little power and you can then feel a slight jolt as if it got a burst of fuel..any help on this as I'm losing my patience.

There are two different carbs used - one is the slide type which is a pain in the ass, the other is the standard venturi type which is only a mild pain in the ass. Can you post up a photo of yours with the air filter off? With the slide type there is a cold start valve on the drivers side that green and black and has a couple of vac lines to it. When this fails it can cause all sorts of issues like the above and hard starting. Might be worth seeing if you can clean it out and/or replace it.

I think thats the standard type one as it doesnt seem to have the cold start valve that I can see.

Maybe hit the thing with some carb clean?

Im no expert with carbs - they are filled with witchcraft and voodoo if you ask me.

Haynes did a japanese carburetors book, it has some starlets in it, asian k type? but as mentioned the voodoo within is a ball ache. O. My old colt it was easier to mod a weber to fit, farfar better and superior